This important event will focus on research and business opportunities meeting the challenges regarding extraction and mining, recycling and the circular economy, and substitution of Critical Raw Materials (CRMs).
Presentations will be given by relevant authorities and international actors from the European CRM scene including the Spanish authorities, the European Commission, the Nanotechnology Industries Association, Nanofutures, Euromines, EIT KIC Raw Materials, and Cefic-SusChem. Some of the speakers are shown below.
In addition, parallel technical sessions will take place on ‘Advanced Materials and CRM substitution technologies’, ‘Mining and raw materials’ and ‘Circular Economy and Recycling’.
The event will bring together researchers, experts and business people to create an environment that fosters a dialogue among the participants, leading to discussions and collaboration opportunities.
A Brokerage Event is planned for 25 June that will focus on the main topics foreseen under Societal Challenge 5 (SC5) in Horizon 2020 for the 2016/2017 work programme. An industrial business day and exchange with and between stakeholders is also planned on 26 June.
To find out more, including the full event programme, visit the conference website or register directly here. Be quick - early bird registration fees end on 1 June!
And don’t forget the CRM_InnoNet project is hosting a high level conference called 'SUBSTITUTION means EVOLUTION' on 17 June in Brussels. This free conference will be a one-stop shop to find out all you need to know about substitution of CRMs in Europe.
At the event you can:
- Learn about the opportunities provided by substitution and how it can solve technological challenges.
- Witness the state of play of substitution of CRMs in Europe with keynote speeches from companies and government bodies.
- Meet up with key EU industrial sectors in the area of substitution.
- Engage in discussions during dedicated panel debates to implement recommendations towards a European circular economy.
- Discuss with policy makers, industrial players, entrepreneurs and academia during the networking cocktail.
- Become part of the Innovation Network and meet potential partners for substitution projects in Horizon 2020.
At the conference you will also be able to explore applications of substitution in the exhibition space! If you wish to bring your own products and have your own stand contact the conference organisers now!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Iñigo Charola, Graphenea
- Dario della Sala, ENEA, Italian Agency for new technologies, energy and sustainable economic development
- Thomas Lograsso, Critical Materials Institute, USA
- Holger Gruenewald, Juelich Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
- Eberhard Gschwindt, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Mattia Pellegrini, European Commission
- Christos Tokamanis, European Commission
Find out more on the CRM_InnoNet website and you can register via this link.
The CRM_InnoNet Innovation Network is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) funded under FP7 that is creating an integrated community to drive innovation in the field of critical raw material substitution for the benefit of EU industry. SusChem is a significant supporter of the network.
For more information on CRM_InnoNet and the conference, email the project secretariat at the UK’s Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and you can also follow the project on Twitter.